The Euro Millions lottery can be played either by purchaing a ticket at the same retail outlets that sell tickets for the National Lottery, or, the game can be played online at the National Lottery website. Whichever way you choose to play the Euro Millions lottery the basic rules are the same.
Players select 5 main numbers between 1 and 50, and, 2 Lucky Stars from 1 to 11. If players wish they can select the 'Lucky Dip' option and their main numbers and Lucky Stars will be chosen for them at random by Euro Millions.
Multiple lines can be selected on both the play slips available at retail outlets and when playing online. Each line in the Euro Millions lottery costs £2. If players wish they can elect to play for multiple weeks, up to a maximum of 4.
For each line purchased an automatic entry is made into the EuroMillions raffle. Which guarantees a £1,000,000 UK winner every week.
Playing EuroMillions Offline
To play EuroMillions offline go to a retail outlet that sells National Lottery and EuroMillions lottery tickets and select a EuroMillions draw entry slip and follow the instructions below:
- Choose the number of weeks, between 1 and 4 that you wish to play for by marking the appropriate box with a thick black line.
- Select 5 numbers from the main board and 2 numbers from the 11 lucky stars, marking the appropriate boxes with a thick black line. Or, mark the Lucky Dip box and EuroMillions will choose both set sets of numbers for you.
- If you make a mistake, mark the Void box and complete another board, there are 4 on each ticket slip.
- Take your slip with your payment to the retailer, who will process your numbers in the lottery machine.
- The retailer will hand you the printed confirmation ticket from the lottery machine. Do not leave without this, as this is the only method of proof by which you can claim a prize.
- Ensure you enter by Friday to be included in the draw.
- Keep your ticket safe and use it to check your numbers when the draw is made.
Playing EuroMillions Online
There are several good reasons for playing EuroMillions online:
- You can't loose your ticket, all your numbers are held online
- EuroMillions automatically check your numbers and tell you if you have won
- The National Lottery website is secure with payment online
- Payments can be made by direct debit so you never miss a draw
To play EuroMillions online visit the EuroMillions page of the National Lottery
website. To play online you will need to open an account on the National Lottery website and credit it with some funds using a Debit card, Credit cards are not accepted.
After you have created an account and funded this with some money follow the instructions below to enter the EuroMillions draw:
- Enter the number of weeks you wish to play for. You can purchase tickets for up to 4 weeks at a time.
- Enter your chosen 5 main numbers from 1 to 50 and the 2 lucky star numbers from 1 to 11 in the EuroMillions number selection box.
- If you don't have a set of numbers in mind, select 'Lucky Dip' and a line of numbers will be generated randomly (indicated by 'LD' on your play slip). Your numbers won't be displayed until you have bought your ticket. If you've selected to play for multiple draws the same Lucky Dip numbers will be entered in to each draw.
- If you have incorrectly entered numbers or selected Lucky Dip on the play slip, select 'Clear' to delete the complete line and start again.
- Clicking on the 'Add more lines' link will allow you to be able to purchase up to 5 play slips (20 lines of numbers).
- If you're happy with the details on your play slip, select 'Play now' to continue with your ticket purchase.
- Your account will debited for the value of the tickets you have purchased.